Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sign of the Times Squared Part 1


I decided to do a separate Post as Tabs asked my opinion. As usual it will be in parts with artwork so you have to read up or wait for new installments. Remember this site is free.

I have been in New York and did not see her posts or the great responses until now…today.

I’ll start with a non-sequiter, or sidestory at best. I was in Times Square and a group of cultists was assembled in military camouflage and wearing arm bands and belts with the Star of David on them. They were all black men with bow staffs and one was preaching from the Bible. They were angry, and, with my usual caution, I immediately went around to talk with one of them. He placed his bow staff firmly in front of me.

“Dude…” I said.

“You keep your distance!” he commanded and the older man to my left (see picture) looked at me like I was Satan himself. Big tall white Satan.

“What’s your deal?” I asked nicely.

He explained a bit then asked me point bank “was Jesus white?”

“Nope…dark brown at the very least…certainly not white.”

“Well okay then” he said relaxing his bow staff. Then he explained how the nation of Israel alone would be saved. You have to be a Jew.

We talked for awhile, then I asked him why Paul had been an apostle to the Gentiles and why most of the New Testament letters in the Bible in his hand were written to those outside of Israel?

He got pissed.

I looked at the old gent to my left and he looked at me as if I was dog crap on his shoe. He would not reply. I kept an eye on his bow staff in case it was headed for my cranium. Taking his queue, the younger man would no longer talk with me. He turned to the side and ignored me. I left him with a blessing and let him know I didn;t take it personally.

A block farther on I was again leafleted by Scientologists. I took the pamphlet but said respectfully “Engrams are a fiction”. It was my fourth Scientologist of the day.

He called after (not unkindly) “At least you know what they are”.

I turned and said (equally kind and with compassion) “and that they are not.”

Next there were Krishna’s. They seemed the happiest. A simple joy in singing. They were the most respectful and seemed most free of real crap. Of course they were singing and not discussing.

**********

You have to ask yourself "what are all these people looking for...and what am I looking for?"