Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sign of the Times Squared Part 2

When I got back to my hotel I lay down and wondered about my own “salvation”. The only thing I know in life really is to cling tenaciously to Jesus…or be open as such.

Oh...and it's important to love with actions. Oh...and forgive..but see I wouldn't know any of that without Jesus, or at least far less.

The next day, I was in a park just off the subway after the Yankee game. A woman, Middle Eastern, approached me for money for her children and herself. Her name was Maria. She was no beggar, not that it mattered to me. I could only give her $10 but I promised after talking to pray for her daily, and I have since then. For Maria and her children. It was not meaningless gesture. I believe God hears my prayers..for other people.

You are gonna have to pray for me because that's the deal.

Is God a prick? (original context was Tab's questionings, which are always good and clear).

Let's be honest. We all have shaken our fist at God for being a prick and we have all blamed God for things that our mostly our own damned mess.

I know I have and do.

But this God had the audacity to come down and have a prick.

Let that sink in.

God is not far off or detached from the human condition. In fact, God as a man was more involved than any human ever has been if you think about it in Jesus. And Jesus said “If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.”

We all blame God and God takes all our blame then does something about it.

But we gotta own our own mess in order to see that the blood is originally on our hands...not vice-versa. It just end's up on His.

Freedom is a horrible and wonderful thing.