Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Simple Prayers for the Harders

Years ago I went to a small startup church in Roseville. It was a good church, but not right for me. But it was right for my oldest son Sean who made deep bonds of friendship and fellowship in the fullest terms.

They had a young youth minister named Dan who really did a great job. And very much in the middle of it all were the Harders. I believe they had four sons, but I really only got to know Tim very well, then I also knew Steve and Zach.

Ron Harder, a sometime minister with a deep and wide heart, and I would get together sometimes for lunch, and when we moved into the house on Alola, Chris, his wife came over to help. Very sweet and spiritual people.

Well Zach died a few days ago. He was at the river and he drowned.

Of course my son, and others are devastated. Much more so are Ron, Chris and the boys.

The Harders are a spirited lot in every sense, and passionate about their own family, God and others. They feel deeply, which in a time like this must be excruciating.

I cannot fathom their pain, so I ask you to simply pray for them.

Zach loved God and is doing well...better than the rest of us. But pray for his family. Pray also for my son Sean. Pray for their mutual friend Clinton who drove up with Tim from SoCal to be with the parents. Clinton has a pastor's heart.

I thank you all for doing this.