Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Straight And Narrow

I have been reading proverbs today and i came along these particular versus

My child,* listen to me and do as I say, and you will have a long, good life. I will teach you wisdom's ways and lead you in straight paths. If you live a life guided by wisdom, you won't limp or stumble as you run. Carry out my instructions; don't forsake them. Guard them, for they will lead you to a fulfilled life. (proverbs 4:10-13)

I found something here that causes me to rebel in my flesh.
God sets boundries and i am supposed to stay within them. If i knowingly work outside those boundries i best be prepared for discipline. So often i may walk in a way that doesn't seem all that harmful, yet, God will say 'don't got that way'.

I have learned it isn't whether it is harmful or not. I am not to go that way.

It is about submission....

YUCK!
i HATE that word!
It is a SWEAR word!!!

Why do i feel that way? Because it usually means that i must sacrifice something.
We all know what God is telling us, we just don't know if we can handle being within boundries.
you know what....
We can't handle being within boundries.
We panic and say i can't LIVE if i do that! Oh! how we pull a spiritual tantrum!

We can also be afraid to submit, we feel we may whither and die!
I have used that excuse enough that i think i finally have had enough discipline from God to stop using it. (remember i said 'i think')

It just seems that going outside the boundries isn't worth the discipline i receive.
Yet, i am thankful for that discipline because now that i stay within the boundries i have greater freedom. Yeah, that sounds strange, within a boundry i am free. It seems that i am given a lot more than i ever had. I am healthier in body mind and spirit. I feel as if i am breathing fresh air.

We also should remember that my boundries and not the same as your boundries. God may give you liberty in an area where he has it quite narrow for me. That is why we are not to judge.
---------------------

Oh look! there is a beautiful fruit tree over there! (past the boundry) I NEED that! It is so good to look at and it must be tasty. Afterall fruit is good for me!! It will help me stay healthy and strong.

what?....what?....God i know it is past the boundry but it isn't anything harmful.....